Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cyrus-IMAP user is over quota

One of my user's mailbox is already being flagged by cyrus-imapd as over quota, I need to do something before she gets furious.

My email server's queue shows below:

3069F13F88A1 3625 Thu Mar 25 01:20:21 sender@sender.com
(host mail.recipient.com[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 452 4.2.2 Over quota (in reply to RCPT TO command))
recipient@recipient.com

I now need to do my act and login to my email server, then use cyradm to administer my Cyrus-IMAP server as below.

[root@mail ~]# su - cyrus
-bash-3.2$ cyradm -user cyrus localhost

IMAP Password:

mail.recipient.com> lqr user.sales-tv
user.sales-tv STORAGE 150000/150000 (100.006%)
mail.recipient.com> sq user. recipient 200000
quota:200000
mail.recipient.com>

I used lqr as listquotaroot shorthand and sq as setquota shorthand.

Verify it the new quota is set, then exit the cyradm admin tool and exit the email server as well. Your users new quota is now set and she is now very happy again.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this tutorial, great job.
    I have a question, how can i do to send warnings of mailbox over quota to my senders ?
    Thanks and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete